The Kane County Health Department website has up-to-date information about Coronavirus (COVID-19), including the addition of the CDC’s microsite, which updates automatically.
The Kane County Health Department website is www.KaneHealth.com.
In addition, if you have concerns: Dial 1-800-889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV to have all your COVID-19 questions answered.
- Congress Appropriates $8.3 Billion for Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- CDC Coronavirus Video resources
- Illinois Department of Public Health Coronavirus Updates
- Kane County Health Department
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Another resource if you have questions is to call 211. This an assistance program run by the United Way that will connect you will "live and highly trained professionals" in variety of areas. All calls are confidential as well.
A NOTE regarding the Village’s inspection services:
The Village’s inspection services are performed by B&F Construction Code Services, Inc., who has modified its services to align with protocol and recommendations issued by the Center for Disease Control. Please note the following with regard to active permits and permit applications:
- Building inspections will continue to take place. However, upon conducting an inspection at an occupied property, whether under construction/alteration/rental, or being remodeled, the inspector will ask whether anyone is sick, has any symptoms of being sick or has been diagnosed with COVID-19. If the response is affirmative to any of those questions, the inspector will not enter the building.
- No handshaking will take place, and inspectors will keep distance from others.
- All B&F Construction Code Services, Inc. employees are following recommended procedures by washing their hands frequently and engaging in social distancing as much as is practical.
- Please be aware that completed inspection reports will be received and processed at the Village office on the next business day.
- B&F office staff remains available to answer construction code questions by telephone at (847)-428-7010. Village staff also remains available to answer permit processing questions, and can be reached at (630) 584-5700.
We will continue to provide any updates.
Small Business Resources
Governor Pritzker has announced some assistance to small businesses as a result of programs passed by Congress.